Tuesday, November 27, 2012

"Is Technology Causing Me to Lose as Much as I Gain?"

This video is from YouTube

This question for me is complicated. In my first post I realized how much technology affects my life. The thing is...I know the repercussions of letting technology dominate your life. People become cold robots that do not remember how to interact with other humans. Research from an earlier project proves that a social disconnection between college students is already present. Technology can only widen the gap that has been already created with crazy schedules, school work and jobs. As a kid, technology was not as present as it obviously is today. I still remember that hanging out with friends was actually going outside and playing, not getting on Facebook together. Technology is getting tricky in today's society. You are completely surrounded by it even if that is not what you want. Millions of people are even hooked to their cell phones and social media networks. All I would say is that technology needs to give people's social lives a break. Technology is very helpful indeed, but mostly for the business world. When conducting business across the world technological devices such as smart phones and Skype seem appropriate. Meetings can be held with people from eight different countries if need be. That is the aspect where technology truly does its best work. Honestly, I could give up quick Google searches and Netflix to be physically closer connected to the community around me. Technology is making amazing advances every day but we must not forget what is truly important in this world. Being more efficient cannot surpass true human connection.
This image is from libbyloveskentucky.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. I like your design choice, it shows your personality :)
    Technology is pretty crazy, its possibilities are endless and can easily be transformed into an addiction. Like you said it can turn us into cold robots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your use of metaphors. It really helps get your message across clearly:)

    ReplyDelete