Monday, December 3, 2012

Me, Myself, and I

Just feeling bold.
 I now turn towards myself for observation. I've kept a close eye on how technology comes to play in my average school day. When I'm getting ready in the morning, my iPod comes on during my primping period; I'm getting dressed and heading out the door. On this average day my iPod will also act as my radio while driving to school. During classes I try to refrain from using my phone because I don't want my teacher to think I'm disrespectful. However, it can seem as if your phone is calling to you during a dragging lecture. I've actually used my phone before to look up information relevant to the class, but that is rare. Disregarding texting and calling, a lot of my phone use has to deal with looking up information. I have a very random and racing mind that comes up with many questions for which I want the answer. So naturally, I have become best friends with Google search. It's there at my every whim to answer questions within seconds. It's funny most of these questions aren't important and won't change my life, but because I know they'll be answered in a snap I continue finding random questions. Also right after I wake up, I check the weather update on my phone to decide on what to wear. I would rather not end up wearing a sweater in ninety degree weather.
Throughout my school day I use the computers and Blackboard to complete all of my homework. To be honest, I do not think any aspect of my homework can be done without a computer. That is how technologically dependent society has become. When I was observing my daily routines I even used an app on my phone called Richnote to type all of my data down.
Technology is very prevalent in my daily life, but there is one thing I refuse to do. I am a huge advocate for not texting while driving. I have seen some gruesome truths because of those few seconds of error and I would not want to suffer those consequences. Technology is helpful, but people must learn not to abuse it.
This video is from YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment